When it comes to following a meal plan we never expect it to go 100% to plan – when does life ever do that? So that’s why we’ve created a flexible approach that let’s you “do your own thing”.
The 80/20 rule is no scientific formula, but it sure is practical. And we know the more often you eat better (80% of the time), the more likely you are to choose better meals the rest of the time (20% of the time). Just remember you can’t out train a bad diet. So the aim is to give you the tools to choose better foods more often.
ATHLIV also has a bunch of recipes to use if you want to get creative in the kitchen and prepare some tasty meals for yourself, friends and family.
On the days and meals when you do your own thing, a general guide for most people is to follow the basic meal structure below. A few key points:
- Veggies are your friend – the more the better for overall health.
- Swap out processed foods where you can.
- Lean meat, chicken, fish and plant based proteins are a winner for main meals.
- Choose wholegrains to keep you feeling full.
- Don’t forget to keep up with the dairy foods – great source of protein we often forget about!
- Fresh fruit is always a great sweet treat to satisfy the cravings.
- Nuts and seeds are delicious snacks – one small handful everyday is the go.